Terms and Conditions – Matrix MXV R20,000 Competition June 2022
The Matrix MXV competition is organized by Matrix, a brand of MiX Telematics Africa (Pty) Ltd with the company registration number 2004/019797/07.
1. This Competition is open to all Matrix MXV customers in South Africa with an active subscription during the competition period.
3. The competition will commence on 25 June 2022 and end on 25 September 2022. Any Matrix MXV subscriptions signed up outside of this period will not be valid to participate in this competition. Entry into the competition is valid if you subscribe to Matrix MXV before the closing date.
4. You must be a permanent resident in South Africa and be over the age of 18 years and in possession of a valid Identity Document (“natural person”) to enter. A prize will only be awarded to a natural person as stipulated in these rules and will not be awarded to any legal entity and if it is not unlawful to supply the prize to a person in terms of any legislation or public regulation.
5. This competition excludes any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by MiX Telematics and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent, or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by MiX Telematics, their advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, service providers its affiliates and/or associated companies.
6. MiX Telematics reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend, or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which MiX Telematics reasonably deems necessary.
7. You agree and understand that you stand a chance to win a R20,000 equivalent voucher only and that there is no guarantee that you will receive a prize. The Prize/s is/are not transferable by you and may not be deferred, changed, or exchanged for cash or any other item. MiX Telematics reserves the right to substitute the Prize with any other gift of comparable commercial value. Subject to applicable law, you also indemnify MiX Telematics against any damages that anyone may suffer as a result of the prize/s or this survey, including consequential and economic loss.
8. Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize/s are for the winner’s own account. MiX Telematics and its affiliates will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner/s may incur as a result of their acceptance and/ or use of a prize, whether foreseen or not. To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies, or other charges may be levied on a prize by the government or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winner/s will be liable therefore, and MiX Telematics will not increase the value of the prize/s to compensate for such charges.
9. The value of the prize includes VAT.
10. Where the prize is a voucher, if the voucher is misplaced or lost and subsequently used by someone other than the winner, MiX Telematics will not replace the voucher and the winner will bear such loss. The vouchers will be subject to all the normal terms and conditions relating to the usage of or redemption of vouchers on the relevant e-commerce platforms.
11. From the qualifying entries, there will be one winner randomly drawn from all qualifying entries received in the Republic of South Africa.
12. The winners will be randomly selected from eligible entrants for the relevant Competition Period on 30 September but not later than 30 calendar days after the closing date of the Competition. The winner’s name will be selected by random automated draw by in independent person.
13. In order to be eligible to win a prize, you must have honoured all due subscription payments and related debit orders. You must not have committed any act of fraud or other criminal act against MiX Telematics.
14. The Results containing the winners name and town/city will be published on the related MiX Telematics’ brand websites, including Matrix and Beame, and other media. The winner will be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of prize and may be requested to be photographed and/or identified in any media, which is inclusive of but not limited to television, radio print publications and online sites in which the Competition receives exposure and for future marketing initiatives with the understanding that the winner may decline such an invitation.
15. It is your responsibility to ensure that of all information provided by or on behalf of you to MiX Telematics is accurate. MiX Telematics will notify a winner of the prize by contacting the winner using the contact details supplied to it by or on behalf of the winner as per their subscription agreement. Where MiX Telematics cannot reach a winner at the details supplied by them in three (3) business days, MiX Telematics will be excused and legally relieved of the duty to provide such notification and may at its discretion re-draw a new winner.
16. MiX Telematics accepts no liability for any further and or additional costs and/or expenses in relation to collection or delivery of the prize, and the winner indemnifies MiX Telematics, its Directors, employees, shareholders, and agents against any claim of whatsoever nature howsoever arising.
17. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the MiX Telematics is final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. If the winner/s fail/s to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the prizes, or if they refuse to sign MiX Telematics winner/s declaration or MiX Telematics winner/s prize acceptance form, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize and then, without prejudice to any other remedy which MiX Telematics may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
19. You enter the Competition entirely at their own risk. MiX Telematics and its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors, any participating store or e-commerce platform and/or its subsidiaries cannot be held responsible or liable for any accident, injury, harm or loss suffered by any person or entity as a direct or indirect result of entering the Competition or suffered as a direct or indirect result of the utilisation in any way whatsoever of the prize won in terms of the Competition.
20. Participants hereby agree to release and indemnify MiX Telematics and its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and subsidiaries and hold it harmless against any and all losses, harm, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Competition, promotion or special offer or resulting from the participation in the Competition or acceptance, possession, use or receiving of any prize relating to the Competition, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
21. MiX Telematics and its service providers, are not responsible for:
a. incorrect and inaccurate transcription of entry information;
b. technical malfunction;
c. inappropriate images and comments posted by the entry or by the public;
d. lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network or computer equipment or software; and/or
e. the inability to access any website or online services or any other error.
22. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform that may be used as an intermediary.
23. The Participant can refer to the Privacy Notice available on www.matrix.co.za/privacy-notice to confirm how MiX Telematics will process your Personal Information.
24. Any personal information relating to the winner, or an entrant will be used solely in accordance with the CPA and POPIA and will not be disclosed to a third party without your prior consent.
25. By participating in the Competition, you consent to the sharing your personal information between MiX Telematics and its affiliates including holding and subsidiary companies.
26. By posting any content, images, or comments on any of MiX Telematics’ public and/or social media platform, including all its brands, or by sending any such content to MiX Telematics, a Participant consents to and gives MiX Telematics a world-wide royalty free licence to reproduce, modify, adapt, and publish such content, images, or comments for the purposes of promoting MiX Telematics’ products and/or services.