Whether you left your car windows open and the skies opened up or you spilled liquid in your car and forgot to clean it, unwanted car odours can become quite unpleasant. Over time, these mouldy fumes become even more difficult to get rid of and may even be hazardous to your health.
Here are a few tips and tricks to get rid of unwanted odours:
- If your carpet is wet or damp, use a towel to blot some of the excess moisture. You can use a hairdryer to dry up any extra moisture that may have run underneath the seat.
- If you don’t have a hairdryer, turn the dial of your car’s heater on high.
- Who said baking soda is only for baking? Sprinkle some baking powder on the wet or mouldy part of your car. Allow the baking soda to seep into the carpet and then vacuum the excess baking soda afterwards.
- Leave the car door open on sunny days to dry up the moisture and to let the car air out.
- Fill a small bowl with white vinegar and place it on the floor of your car overnight. The vinegar absorbs the odour and will leave your car smelling clean.