This is the simplified version of Matrix’s T&C’s – the full T&C’s can be found on Matrix’s website at www.matrix.co.za. If you accept these T&C’s, it implies you accept the full T&C’s as well.
WHAT YOU AGREE TO
1. MiX Telematics Africa (Pty) Ltd. herewith from this point on referred to as ‘MiX’ provides the support for your Matrix unit.
2. The Matrix unit is there to assist MiX in recovering your vehicle if it is stolen or hi-jacked. Neither you, nor your vehicle’s safety is guaranteed because you have a Matrix.
3. MiX will try to recover your vehicle however MiX cannot guarantee that your vehicle will be recovered.
4. Your vehicle has a valid number plate.
5. In the event of a vehicle theft or hijacking, the SAPS case number must be given to MiX as soon as possible.
6. You should not call in a false recovery (unconfirmed hi-jacking or theft) as recovery teams are armed and dangerous. There is a risk of injury or damage to property and you will be charged for it.
7. You will not modify or tamper with the Matrix unit.
8. Ensure that you inform MiX of any changes in contact details via any of the following electronic communication tools (e-mail or voice recorded phone calls). If you don’t, you cannot hold MiX liable for communication not received.
9. It is in your best interest to read information that you receive from MiX, and if so required to react on such information.
10. The amount agreed with you is payable on the first day of the month, or alternative date agreed to with MiX.
11. You have to provide your ID number to prove that you are entering into this agreement in your personal capacity. If you have not done so, MiX will accept that you are a Corporate Customer, and you will not have the protection provided by the Consumer Protection Act.
WHAT MiX AGREES TO
12. To endeavour to locate and recover the vehicle when it has been reported as stolen or hi-jacked.
13. MiX is under no obligation to deliver the service if a false incident has been reported.
14. Upon its recovery, MiX will hand your vehicle over to the SAPS.
15. MiX is under no obligation to supply the service or replace any equipment if you are in default of any obligation to MiX.
16. MiX will let you know when the battery on the unit dies.
WHAT ABOUT COSTS?
17. MiX is allowed to increase the fee annually at 8% or CPI, whichever is the greater.
18. If you have taken your unit on the bundle plan and your agreement is terminated within the 36 months term, MiX may charge you early termination penalties.
19. MiX may charge you for false alarms and false recoveries.
20. If you are not using your vehicle or it has been in an accident and therefore inoperable, you remain liable for the costs in terms of the agreement.
21. You or MiX may terminate the agreement within 20 working days’ written notice.
22. Under Bundle plan, MiX remains the owner of the unit.
23. MiX is not liable for any damages, losses or consequential losses to the subscriber, a third party or property belonging to the subscriber, due to any reason, including negligence by MiX.
24. The fitment centre is not an agent of MiX and you cannot hold MiX liable for the actions of the fitment centre.
25. MiX can suspend service if you are in breach of your obligations.
26. You agree that MiX may use your information to provide you with the service, assess your ability to meet your obligations and to share info with a credit bureau.
27. You are a valuable customer of MiX, and we will protect your information.
Close this window